You can reach this level of brain wellness by a combination of the
If you fill a straw with grease, it's a lot more difficult to suck. Same
with your brain.|
Here is how a well-tuned fat-free brain feels:
- Every minute of every day is fun.
- You don't feel listless; not wanting to do anything.
- There's far less stress: only things you can't wait to deal with.
- You think faster and are never lost for words; more articulate.
- That feeling of going round in imaginary circles when overburdened by
too many problems goes away. In extreme cases these feelings
resemble panic attacks. Your brain needs nourishment.
- Memory becomes more reliable, long term and short term
- You enjoy other people more because your self image improves
- You have more bedtime energy (and I wouldn't be
surprized if the sperm count is up...)
- The acid test: stop your wellness regime, and you'll revert to how you
used to feel
- Exercise, even small amounts regularly
- Don't smoke; keep alcohol to a minimum (you won't need stimulation)
- Nutrition, including phytonutients such
as those contained in ginkgo biloba and ginseng that cross the blood/brain
- Meditation. See also Silva Intuition System
- Spirituality. It has been said that depression is a rational response to life without Jesus.
Here's a practical example of how I make use of these principles...
If I need to be thinking clearly, for an important presentation or
negotiation, I'll prepare my brain in the following way:
Make sure of deep rest the night before.
Take more exercise for 2 days before the event.
Avoid fatty foods for 2 days before. Studies have showed how high-fat diets clog the brain; however certain fats are necessary to help brain function.
On rising on the day of the event do not skip time with The Lord.
Within a couple of hours of the event, have a fish or pasta meal (not
breaded or battered fish, and not fettucine Alfredo! No fatty sauces.) In
addition to my regular nutrition regime without any ommissions,
I take a gingko biloba and ginseng supplement an hour before the event, washed
down with a mineral and vitamin-fortified fruit drink. If I'm hungry
and there's no time
for a low fat meal, I really enjoy a low fat high fibre meal replacement
After this routine I will be anticipating the event with pleasure rather
than fear, and I know it will go well.
As we age, memory can become less sharp, but there are things you can do to slow down this trend. Visit MemoryMatters.ca
and learn from Ottawa specialist Ann Dobbins.
To Body page
To Wellness page