Flag Ont     Whitetail Deer Hunting      Flag CANADA
Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada
running deer

   M.N.R. Hunting Regulations Summary | M.R.N. Résumé des règlements de la chasse
Information Updates for Hunters | Informations pour les chasseurs     

There are several ways to apply to big game draws:
Antlerless Deer Validation Tag Draw | Tirage pour le chevreuil sans bois     
Antlerless (< 3 inches) Deer Draw – deadline June 30
Nornally, only Ontario residents may apply to a big game draw.

Since 2009 a Non-Canadian resident Hunting Outdoors card is required.
License and tags are the responsibility of the hunter's and must be paid for prior to the hunt.

Click on the border to open the website.

In WMA 64A to hunt Coyote you only require a Small Game licence tag,
you do not need a wolf / coyote licence / seal

To transport a fur bearing animal (or any part) out of Ontario, you will need an export permit.
These can be purchased the local M.N.R.Kemptville office, serviceontario.ca
or other designated retailers like Bennett's Bait and Tackle or Canadian Tire (Search for: K7A4S6)

Ministry of Natural Resources (M.N.R.) Hunting  |  Ministère des Richesses Naturelles (M.R.N.) La chasse
WMU 64A  Kemptville office -  1613-258-8204
M.N.R. Head office English - 1800-667-1940 | Français - 1800-667-1840

Visitor info

Main requirements to import firearms into Canada

                        Visitor or Non-Resident Firearms | D'armes à feu pour Visiteur et Non-résident            

* Only non-restricted firearms (ordinary rifles and shotguns) may be
imported for hunting or wilderness protection.

* A non-resident must be at least 18 years old to be able to bring a
firearm into Canada. Minors may use a firearm, only under the direct and
immediate supervision of an adult who is authorized to possess that firearm.

* Visitors must fill out the form 909
Non-Resident Firearms Declaration | Déclaration d’armes à feu pour non-résident
in triplicate and present it to a customs officer when they arrive at their point of entry.
If you bring more than three firearms, or bring different firearms on a subsequent visit,
you must attach form 910 Non-Resident Firearms Declaration Continuation Sheet, |
Déclaration d’armes à feu pour non-résident feuille supplémentaire
to list the additional firearms.

This does not apply to visitors that have registered their guns in Canada and
own a valid Possession and Acquisition License (PAL).

Although the declaration should be filled out ahead of time to save
time at the border, it should not be signed until the signature can be
witnessed by a customs officer. Once the customs officer has confirmed
the declaration, it serves as a temporary license for the visitor and as
 a temporary registration certificate for the firearms listed on it.

A confirmed declaration only authorizes the person who signs it to
have firearms, so although there is no limit on the number of firearms that
can be declared on a declaration, people who come as a group each need their
own declaration unless they will only be using the firearm under the direct
and immediate supervision of an authorized adult.

A confirmed declaration costs about $50 (CDN) regardless of the number of firearms
It is valid for 60 days or until the visitor leaves Canada, whichever comes first.
However, it can be renewed multiple times within a 12 month period at no additional cost.

To renew a declaration on a return visit, you need to show
the original declaration to the customs officer and get it re-stamped, the fee
is waived only if the visit is completed within 12 months of the initial visit.
To renew a declaration for a prolonged stay, they can contact the provincial
Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) | Contrôleur des armes à feu (CAF)
or calling 1800-731-4000.

A confirmed declaration will enable a visitor to obtain ammunition while in Canada.
In addition, up to 250 cartridges may be imported duty-free for hunting purposes.
Can I bring ammunition with me for a hunting trip in Canada?

List of Authorized Explosives | Liste des explosifs autorisés

Other information and forms can be downloaded from
Canada Border Services Agency | Agence des Services frontaliers du Canada

US Customs and Border Protection

Canada Firearms Centre | Centre des armes à feu Canada

e-mail to canadian.firearms@justice.gc.gc

Copyright 2017 ©The Triple "R"