Market Intelligence |
by Tony Copple
The investor would like to know the future.
The study of trends in markets and
industries will assist the long term investor in setting up a portfolio
that can be left to itself, or in the hands of mutual fund managers.
The following links may assist the medium and long term investor:
- IFSC - Investment Funds Standards
- GlobeFund.com - Globe & Mail Mutual
- IG Mutual Fund Tracker - via Globefund.com. Select "Investors Group" as fund/company, then 'Get results.'
- IG Mutual Fund Tracker - via Morningstar. Select "Investors Group" as fund sponsor
- The FundLibrary.com
- TMX Group - includes TSX, TSX Venture Exchange, etc.
- Berkshire Hathaway,
Warren Buffet's great company.
- Banyan Hill
- Worth.com - including tracking your investments
- GIG Institute - South Africa. GIG Co-op Client portal
Bruno Guntelach on GIG on CWCP Radio
For those interested in short term gains, (stock pickers, speculators,
mutual fund managers managers), information on companies, government policies,
interest rates, etc, become a daily necessity. A taste of what's out there
may be distilled from the links below.
Trivia question: What does NASDAQ stand for:
Answer: National Association of Securites Dealers Automated Quotation
- Merger Mania
- Stock Market Report
- Stocks for the silly - Dave Barry
- World of Warcraft - Game theory
Personal Financial Planning - Don't invest without it!
Investment Executive - Canada's newspaper for financial advisors