Products we use
Directly bought products
As an indication of trends in the distribution of consumer
products, I made a brief survey of the products that our family now
prefers to buy direct from the manufacturer rather than from a
retail store. Many of these specific products are not available
through regular retailers; some of them are unique, and if they
were sold at the store, no-one could afford them after the mark-ups
and cost of distribution. Some we buy some from neighbours, and others
we order for home delivery.
- Automotive lubricants and fuel and transmission additive from
reduce wear and gas consumption, and unhealthy emmissions. Now called 'Champion QX', these
products were marketed originally under the name 'Moly Black Gold.'
Canadian legislation (certainly in Ontario) requires you to meet automotive polution standards,
and in terms of additives to reduce polution, there is nothing else out there of this quality. Other products using
teflon increase hazardous emmissions. I have a small stock of Champion QX in Ottawa that I am prepared to
sell to local users.
- Personal Care
from Nu Skin:
- Skin care, suncreen, moisturizers, shower gel, shaving cream, etc
- Hair care, shampoos, conditioners, sprays and mousse, etc
- Oral care: toothpaste, mouthwash, floss
- Nutrition from Pharmanex / IDN: vitamins, minerals, meal replacements, health
snacks, soft (Vitamin C) drinks, metabolic conditioners, etc
- Pet food by Noble: dog
food, cat food
- Household from Lifestyles: cleaners, detergents
This represents probably 75 products in regular use, for which we
would make strenuous efforts to maintain our supply lines.