A Toxic Environment
There are two major shifts in the last 140 years that affect us all.
Somehow, we still have to achieve health in a deteriorated environment,
when we are eating so much more of the bad stuff: fats and
sugars, and less of the good: carbohydrates.
- Deterioration of foods and diet
10% simple sugars
24% simple sugars
- Environmental risk
- Exposure to chemicals has increased
- 1910 - 1920 cigarette consumption up sixfold
- 1919 - 1921 lung cancer skyrockets 800%
- Over 2500 food additives have been tried; 1300 remain listed as safe
- Depletion of essential minerals in soil due to erosion and fertilizers
Fruit and vegetables can have very low trace mineral content.
- Our exposure to damage from "free radicals" is increasing faster than
our natural ability to quench them. Free radicals are now acknowledged
to be implicated in many disease and degenerative processes, from
heart disease and cancer to aging.
- Major concerns with danger in your own teeth.
- There is growing evidence of damage to health from too much exposure
to electromagnetic fields. We lived in Bridlewood at the start of the
Bridlewood hydro lines campaign, and have connections with
pioneers in this brave intiative.
- Sperm counts falling
There are ways to do this...
Recent breast cancer research
underlines the need for
being proactive in your preventative strategy, and not waiting till the
scientists have proved conclusively that a toxic environment is not good
Polution Probe - fighting for green powerTo Wellness page
Return to Health page