EMAIL CLIENT SETUP for "OutLook Express"
- Contact your ISP and findout the following information:
- Ingoing POP server name?
- Email address (you may have to create an email address online)
- Email Account Username and password
- Outgoing SMTP server name?
- Does the SMTP server Require Authentication?
- What are your username and passowrd if the server requires authentication?
- Open your Outlook Express client
- Go to Tools > Accounts
- Select Accounts
- Select the mail tab from the Internet Account
- Select Add
- Set up a new mail account
- Select Mail
- The Internet Connection Wizard will start
- Provide a display Name (e.g. Jan Smith or ISP.CA)
- Enter an E-mail address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Set up connections to ISP Mail
- Incoming Mail POP3 Server: Provided by your ISP in step 1 (e.g.
- Outgoing mail SMTP Server is: Provided by ISP in step 1 (e.g.
- Type the full email account username: from step 1 (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Remember to include the @YOUR_DOMAIN.CA in the user name
- Type the password in password field (hold SHIFT key to type upper
- Select the Finish button. (The setup wizard closes and returns
you to the internet accounts window.)
- Check your new mail settings
Highlight the newly created account and select properties
- On the general tab make sure that the following are filled in:
- Server is mail.
- E-mail address: (e.g. email@example.com)
- Reply address : (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- On the server tab:
- My incoming server is a POP3
- Incoming mail: Provided by your ISP (e.g. pop.isp.ca)
- Outgoing mail: Provided by ISP (e.g. smtp.isp.ca)
- * If your outgoing server requires authentication:
Check the 'myserver requires authentication' checkbox
- Select more settings if required by your ISP
- Add the username and password provided in step 1