Tweeting via SMS (Canada)
How to send tweets via SMS in Canada
Sending a tweet via a text message on your cell phone is usually much less expensive than data plans in Canada. First you need to do a few simple things.
First set up your Twitter account to accept SMS tweets from your mobile number:
- Go to twitter.com and log on to your account.
- In the upper right bar right-click on the gear icon and select Settings.
- On the left pane, select Mobile.
- Under Activate Twitter text messaging enter your mobile 10-digit number and click the Activate Phone button.
Once your phone is added, simply send a text message to the short code for Twitter in Canada, 21212. The message is posted as a Tweet to your Twitter profile within seconds. That's it!
Some additional notes:
- MMS is supported for Bell Mobility, Rogers Communications, and Telus Mobility.
- SMS (Short Message Service) and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) are both used in mobile phones for non-voice communications.
- MMS has no size limit but SMS (and Twitter) is limited to 160 characters - be very careful not to exceed this.
- Only one account can be used with a mobile phone at a time.
Here are the full instructions at Twitter Suport: