The Book Book Contents Buy the Book
Combat Mission Kandahar - The Stories
What was it like to serve
in the combat mission in Afghanistan?
Journalist reports from 2006 to 2011 could only give brief glimpses of the reality on the ground for Canadian soldiers.
This book reveals the full story of what happened to seven soldiers throughout their deployment in Operation Athena, Phase 2.
Each of the seven soldiers' experiences covered in
Combat Mission Kandahar highlights a facet of one of Canada's longest, most complicated, and challenging overseas operations.
The Table of Contents gives you some idea of the scope of what is covered in the book
- Chronological Overview of the Mission
- Counter-insurgency Warfare
- Infrastructure Development at Bazaar-i-Panjwayi: Captain Jonathan Mineault
- The PSYOPS War Against the Insurgency: Corporal Francois Dupere
- Patrolling the North. Shah Wali Kot and Arghandab: Master Corporal Sean Chard
- The War Against the IEDs: OED Team Leader Sam
- Mentoring the Afghan National Army: Captain Robert Peel
- Ambush on the Arghadab River: Master Warrant Officer Richard Stacey
- Infantry Operations in Panjwayi: Lieutenant Simon Mailloux
View the author's web site to see his other writings and his blog.