You can download a brief history of CFUW from here.
- CFUW/Kanata is an organization of some 120 women graduates, one of 122 Clubs across the country that make up the Canadian Federation of University Women. We are also part of a global community of University women that encompasses 80 countries (International Federation of University Women) and we are members of CFUW Ontario Council.
- CFUW/Kanata is both self-funded and non-profit.
- We study and advocate for social issues particularly those concerning the status of women, human rights, education and legislation.
- Our monthly general meetings, open to the public, feature speakers on topical issues. See the Calendar of Events.
- More than 20 Interest Groups focusing on topics from history, the arts to gourmet cooking and literature are enjoyed by members.
- Our Scholarship Trust Fund disburses annual scholarships and awards.
- A regular newsletter is available on line. It provides current information on Club activities and is distributed free to members.
- The CFUW/Kanata Annual Reports are also available on line to members.
It isn't necessary to be a university graduate to join the CFUW; graduates of technical institutes and colleges are also welcome to participate as full members. Other interested women may join as associate members.
We invite you to join us.
Our mission is:
- To promote education and to encourage higher education.
- To encourage members to put their education and experience to use in the community.
- To arouse and sustain among members an informed interest in public affairs; to encourage an active participation in such affairs and to provide an opportunity for effective, concerted action.
- To advance human rights.
- To participate in the work of the Canadian Federation of University Women and the International Federation of University Women.
- To promote understanding and friendship among members.