- Né le 21 oct 1834 à Douai, France
- Mort le 12 mai 1912 à Ottawa, ON. Canada
- m: le 15 mai 1871 à Anna Pinart
- From France in 1881 Léopold DENIS and his family landed in Montreal
at the beginning of May to occupy the position of "chef-de-culture de
l'Union Sucrière Franco-Canadienne".
- He had left his post as "directeur-gérant des fermes des
sucreries de betteraves 'Linard' de Saint Germainmont, dans le
département des Ardennes" to come to Canada.
- He came over to the New World with his wife and two sons. Théophile
- When he had produced the report for which he had been commissioned, his
French employers recalled him to France.
- Believing that life's opportunities for his two sons were better in the New
World than in Europe, he quit his post and stayed in Canada.