At my 60th birthday party I spoke about the key influences in my life so far. I covered them
in chronological order, but promised to offer them in priority order. Here is the prioritized list,
showing the most important first. Item 2 is not #1 only because without #1, item 2 would never have happened.
Each of these people or events had an effect on my life that makes my life, values and attitudes what it is today.
I am profoundly grateful to all of them.
and the Alpha progression
- An e-mail March 11 1998 from Laurie-Ann that led to our marriage
- Luis Palau: Jesus recognized as my friend, and not boring.
- Annmarie: move to Sheringham, and later, Canada
- Lonnie Donegan, Beatles, music, all types
- My Father, who selected the Navy, and my mother, who loves me despite my strange ways
- The A/C D/C train problem: meccano, physics, maths, engineering
- Derek Lawless, Kevin Ogilvie, Mike Braganza who got me interested in the Internet
- Carrie Gagne, who sold Annmarie a bottle of Nu Skin cleansing lotion
- Penny - her faith brought me back from total denial of God
- An unnamed headhunter, about 1986 who suggested the insurance industry
- Rick Wilson & Bob Tibbo, Data General Ottawa, who showed me a new attitude to business
- Steve Gobel and Investors