The Amish BBS
The Amish BBS offers all of the latest files for the 1880's.
Carefully hand-uploaded by authentic 18th-century blacksmiths and
delivered using only the finest horses, the Amish BBS's file areas are
filled with over a hundred bytes of valuable scrolls.
These fine scrolls include:
At the Amish BBS, your data arrives on time.
- HORSECAD.ARC Program for designing horseshoes on Babbage
- CANDLE.TXT A selection of "How many __________ does it take to
change a candle" jokes
- INTERNET.SYS Guide to building a simple net interface from chicken
wire, twine and small segments of grapevine.
- MANURE.ARJ This winter, save gold by heating your barn with natural
- OS2WIN95.ARJ Trying to decide between OS/2 and Win'95? Either way,
I reckon you'll need to upgrade the family abacus to eight million
- STRAYPIG.ZIP Don't let passing traffic frighten the livestock; for
the price of a few donuts, you can put a pig on patrol at your gate.
- NOAH.ZOO.ARC A .ZOO file that someone tried to .ARC; Lord knows
...and there's more:
- A wide selection of external doors, meticulously carved by the
finest craftspeople, include on-line milk and coal doors, as well as
interfaces to accommodate a wide variety of livestock
- A team of trained sled dogs speedily deliver your important
messages. At worst, they might arrive a little dog-eared.
- INTERNET RELAY CHAT
- Foot messengers and town criers relay friendly words to
neighbouring farms in real-time.
- A source of hours of interactive entertainment, the Multi-User
Donkey represents a challenge during every plowing match.
- A simple mouse-click activates this small furry critter.
- World-Wide Web
- Developed by a specially-trained spider team, this handy debugging
tool keeps the flies off the horses.
- Dedicated T1
- Our dedicated T1 (one piece of twine) ensures reliable connections.
So what are you waiting for? Call the Amish BBS this year!
For more info, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org